Roasted Carrots Recipe
4 medium carrots, sliced in half lengthwise
2 Tbsp butter, unsalted
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 cup roasted lentils
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 1/2 Tbsp Asiago cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter. Add honey and mix until well combined.
- Using a pastry brush, fully coat each carrot with honey butter mixture.
- Place carrots on parchment lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 28-30 minutes, or until edges begin turning golden brown.
- While carrots are roasting, mix part-skim ricotta cheese with 1 Tablespoon of Asiago cheese.
- Plate ricotta/Asiago cheese mixture onto two separate plates, making sure servings are evenly divided. Sprinkle remaining Asiago cheese on top.
- Remove carrots from the oven and place four carrot slices on each plate, making sure to press slightly down into ricotta/Asiago cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with lentils.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Recipe & photo by Kati Mora, MS, RDN